Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of observation about some factors that make a right or wrong relationship.I eventually settled to noting some of my discoveries from observation and brief study on the subject matter and figured too that most,if not all of what I put together so far are true, and I have proof from daily interaction and observation of people here and there. So here we go, if you’re in a relationship with the right person,he or she:
1. Respects you and proudly wants to flaunt you before friends,relatives, colleagues, etc.
2. Enjoys your company and does not treat you like interacting with you is a favor.Better still,you enjoy each others’ company.
3. Appreciates and treat your loved ones right, not callously,selfishly nor with contempt or disdain.
4. Talks more about ‘us’, ‘we’,’our’ than ‘me’, ‘I’ and ‘myself’.
5. Challenges you to reach for your best, is your chief cheer leader and draws your attention to your potentials rather than your limitations.
6. Has Godly values and avoids compromises.
7. Is not a deterrent to your ultimate and primary relationships (your relationship with God and your family), goals and vision.
8. Seeks to uphold and protect your dignity in all situation. He or she is true to you. Would not join others in gossiping you, defaming you, denting your image or casting aspersions at your person. He or she protects your honor.
9. You’re comfortable with each other and do not have to weigh or assess your words too frequently around each other.
10. Avoids comparing you with others, celebrates you and seeks to bring out the best in you.
This is not exhaustive as there’s so much more to discover about ‘right relationships’.
Watch out for subsequent series on our RELATIONSHIPS section.
So glad to serve you…
(All rights reserved. No part of this post may be reproduced in any form without the written permission and endorsement of the blogger.Copyright 2015).